Saturday, March 6, 2010

Getting published is...

...a lot like my cat. I have had this cat for three years come May. For three years, I have been using a laser pointer to make her madly chase the red dot. At this point I am beginning to think she knows she'll never catch the dot, but she plays along for my amusement. Anyway, it occurred to me that some days publishing seems a lot like that game. We, the writer, are my cat. The dot is ultimate publication. And some big evil force is looming over us zooming the dot across the floor and making us leap across the living room into walls and sending us crashing into the coffee table and laughing their ass off questioning why we haven't realized we will never catch the dot. Food for thought. Food for thought I will probably disagree with in ten minutes, to boot.

And now excuse me while I go start a new Be A Pro season on FIFA 10.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...this totally made me laugh ;-) Too true...

    Of course, until the cat figures it out and claws your face off...lol

    ReplyDelete