Thursday, April 29, 2010

Why a massive graduating class sucks

There are a little over 1500 people in my graduating class, the largest to date for my high school, and a record that won't be surpassed for a while as graduating class sizes are progressively going down. Today, they shuffled us all into the gym for the panoramic whole senior class picture thing. Fine. Had I had more time, I was going to wear what I normally wear in Scotland and deliberately position myself near the front, so there would be a man dressed like Henry Jones Sr. in the front. But I didn't have time to do that.

So, being that today there's a Liverpool game, I wore my kit. On the way to the gym for the portrait, I ran into people who I've seen around the halls before, but before now did not know they were fellow seniors. I have no idea what their names are, but I was so proud of what I did, and damn giddy. Having never met either of them before, I convinced them to go along with something. I was wearing my Liverpool kit. One of them was wearing an Everton kit. The other was wearing a Man United kit. We were going to sit next to each other and deliberately position ourselves near the front so the kits would be prominent.

We get to the gym, and the massive surge of 1500+ students all shuffling to get into position separates us. I have no idea what happened to Everton Man and United Boy. But it totally ruined my day, man.

....until 5th period. For the record, watching heads gets chopped off makes any day brighter.

Unrelated note: Hello two new followers. Welcome aboard the good ship Insanity.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, that's fantastic. My graduating class was barely 100 students. But that's the norm for inner city youth I guess. I brought my parrot to school for our senior group pic, as did my friend. So our class photo was plus two birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1500 STUDENTS?! WHOA. My last year of school? Little over 36 people. Yah. The last day was pretty fun :~)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My senior year I moved from a town with a graduating class of 81 to a graduating class of 395. Didn't know a soul I graduated with. Class reunions are something I'll never have to be bothered with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I've said before, I go to a high school the size of a small university, in terms of grounds and everything. Might addendum an image onto this post or a planned post. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete