Saturday, February 27, 2010

March is Character Month

Still taking a break from the story proper, unless inspiration strikes, but I am going back to working with the characters. I've been tossing about the idea of doing character interviews for a while, but haven't got round to it because I pad out my characters so fully. I can tell you every last facet of any character's life -- past, present, future; even the lives of the bit players. Because of that, I don't see much point in it. I'm going to give it my best, though, and hopefully I improve with time. And if any questions arise you want answered, please let me know because I will be more than happy to answer them in-character. In addition to the interviews, going to be doing some simple character exercises, like would happen if X, Y, Z, and R characters were locked in a house for the night. Some of these little experiments will be shared, some may not.

And I encourage you to do the same. Don't have to share anything, unless of course you want to, but sit down and just do these little things. Maybe nothing will come of it for any of us. Maybe we all know our characters perfectly fine already. But maybe, just maybe, it'll do something for me, or for you, or whoever. Better to fire blanks than have the whole bloody cannon backfire, right? Hang on, wrong analogy.

Anyway, that's what's coming up hereabouts starting Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment